Friday, September 9, 2011

For Better or Worse

In my life, I have been blessed abundantly. I have two healthy children despite their tumultuous beginnings. I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and food in my refrigerator. I want for nothing save petty things that do not matter. Perhaps my greatest blessing however is the one I take for granted the most; my husband.

Our journey together has not been an easy one. There has been great strife, contention, sorrow, and quite frankly the temptation to call it quits. Despite all of this we have managed to stick it out. Together we have a partnership that has stood up against trials as well as the trivial. I know that I am one of the few, lucky ones that can make this claim and it is with no shame that I say I count my marriage as one of my greatest achievements. 

Obviously, I did not get to this place alone. My husband, who is so willing to love me, irritate me, and put up with me, has been my companion through it all. There are few people that I respect as much I as do my husband and I am grateful, often more than I let be known, for his constant presence in my life. Although we are now facing what could prove to be yet another great challenge, I know that we will as we always have, conquer it together.     

No comments:

Post a Comment